Director of Finance
Are you a Footy Fanatic that loves numbers? The CPL is looking for its very first Director of Finance. We are looking for energy and enthusiasm and a passion for sports. The CPL will start play in April 2019 and between now and then, there is a lot of work to be done. The successful candidate will be able to roll up their sleeves and help craft a finance department from scratch.
Reporting the President of the Premier League, the Director of Finance will contribute to the overall success of the organization by providing financial leadership and effectively managing all financial tasks of the organization.
• Implement an accounting system
• Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and management reports that are appropriate for users and in accordance with generally accepting accounting principles (GAAP)
• Ensure that all statutory requirements of the company are met including Canadian & Interprovincial withholding Tax Payments, Income Taxes, Goods and Services Tax, etc.
• Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with external auditors as necessary
• Work with other third party providers such as insurance brokers
• Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
• Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Supervise the reconciliation of bank and investment accounts
• Prepare monthly financial results and prepare monthly variance reporting
• Gather, analyse and report benchmarking data to all the member teams
• Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
• Assist in the preparation of short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance
• Develop, implement, maintain and ensure compliance with accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting, employee relations (hiring/terminating policies) and other corporate policies.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with legislation
• Monitor the integrity of all financial transactions
• Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and assist in the preparation of the annual budget. Monitor actual results against budgets on a monthly basis.
• Prepare journal entries & reconcile Payroll
In the afternoons you are free to help out others as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 2 years of post-designation experience, preferably within the sports and entertainment industry.
• Education: University degree and your CPA. Preference given to candidates with National Accounting Firm experience.
• Proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent GAAP, regulations and other compliance.
• Computer skills – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is required.
• Character traits – self-starter, problem solver, meet deadlines and takes full accountability for their actions, likes soccer.