Brand Motion/Graphic Designer
The Brand Designer is a passionate soccer fan, with the objective and mission to elevate the professional game of soccer in Canada. At the CPL, you will lead the creative strategy and hands-on execution for a fast-growing brand that embodies the best of sports. This is a role with a great deal of creative freedom, and your work will make a significant impact amongst soccer enthusiasts across our great country.
You should be comfortable partnering with our Clubs, to understand their goals and expectations, to get our buy-in on their plans and delivery timelines, and to effectively manage your competing priorities to meet deadlines.
Your primary main focus is on youth culture, inspiring our young supporters through the power of soccer, music and arts.
- Lead the development, preparation and delivery of creative proposals and pitches, generating style frames, storyboards and example animation.
- Creates and directs insightful advertising and content both against brand concept map and key sports/club/athlete moments.
- Create forward thinking, functional design, and develop outstanding creative work for all marketing elements, from social posts, online ads and infographics, to print ads and billboards, all the way to full blown magazine design.
- Creates the voice that makes supporters feel, think and act expresses the heart and soul of the CPL brand, leverages key sports and national moments.
- Design engaging & cutting-edge motion graphics using 2D and/or 3D animations that fit within the brand design & motion guidelines for a diverse array of media, including smartphones, tablets and the web.
- Select appropriate audio, graphic and animation styles for the project.
- Encoding, converting and editing videos and adding effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
- Keeping abreast of advancements in animation as well as new technologies and techniques, contemporary trends in production design and popular music to deliver cutting edge work.
- Work closely with the stakeholders to discuss photography/videography direction. Proactively take the lead in identifying and resolving issues with the photoshoots/videoshoots. Attend location shoots as required to art direct the set, recommend and resolve challenges on the spot and recommend specific photography/videography directions.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 3+ years of experience as a brand designer, a storyteller, with a design studio, advertising agency or corporate design group, including video production design and animation.
- 2+ years of experience working in tight collaboration with development, product, marketing and content teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience.
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing conceptual and original design solutions and visual story telling
- A passion for clean, functional, impactful, contemporary yet sophisticated design.
- Effective communication skills (both in conversation and in writing)
- Highly competent with Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
ADDITIONAL BONUS SKILLS
- Excellent sketching and rendering skills is a plus